Jonathan David Amery on Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:10:13 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Toward a Platonic reconstruction of B Nomic's gamestate

> This effort will yield four sets of possible B Nomic gamestate: a
> purely-Platonic non-woobleverse version which stopped early, a
> Platonic woobleverse version which stopped at the same time but has
> had other changes made to the ruleset despite the clock bug, and a
> semi-Platonic version in which Platonist versions of events are valid
> only for the period of time when B Nomic has traditionally accepted
> Platonic theories of Nomic gameplay. In this last, we all know what
> happened - B Nomic made it into its Fifth Era, then proved that even
> after the rise of Platonism capable of recognizing past gameplay as
> fictional, a clock bug had shut the game down. The semi-Platonist B
> Nomic is dead; details depend on precisely when you draw the cutoff
> between Pragmatist and Platonist eras. Finally, a fully-Pragmatist
> interpretation will be considered; in this, the general recognition of
> B's death caused it to be so, and B is once again dead - just slightly
> more recently (and more dateably) than in any Platonist version of B.
> Non-woobleverse Platonist B has also been proven dead as well, though
> this proof has been less rigorous than one might wish (did the
> introduction of the clock bug happen validly?). The present
> woobleverse of Platonist B, then, is the interesting one - if it's
> correct, wooble is almost certainly wrong about the present state of
> the ruleset, but it is almost certainly the case that the game is
> alive (if highly dormant!) and playable. The reconstruction of
> woobleverse B, therefore, will be my primary goal.

 I've not paid much attention here for a very very long time.  However
this mail caught my eye.

 I joined the game in 2002.  Nweek 9 to be precise.  The ruleset at the
time was fairly unwieldy and in order to get through it in a decent
space of time I produced a printout in booklet form.  The postscript
file for that booklet is one of the oldest files still on my computer
(predating the current linux install by about three years!) and I've
converted it into a pdf for your enlightenment.  The page order is
rather odd owing to it being for conversion into a booklet.

 http://www.ysolde.ucam.org/~jdamery/bnomic-nd8nw9.pdf

 I shall carry on watching this discussion with interest...

 Wild Card.

 (You appear to have appeared in 2003 as a liaison from a nomic called
Thermo)