Arkady English on Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:36:04 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Dipnomicy - revised initial ruleset

On 18 September 2012 14:49, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There should probably be some bootstrapping included; the rules don't
> allow rule changes except by proposals submitted with moves, but no
> one has any units so how can anybody move?
>
> An implicit "assume the entire Diplomacy ruleset, except we included
> some of it in rules 20-29" is a bit unpalatable.
>
> Also, the game should probably be moved to another mailing list,
> although B's coming out of a lull seems to be in a lull.

Also, a map implicitly includes starting positions for units:

3. The Secretary General is responsible for the overall well being of
the game.  They:
- Choose a map suitable for the number of players at the start of the game;