Justin Ahmann on Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:07:04 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Roster

I believe that the critical sequence of events was something like this:

1) B enters an Emergency.
2) Wooble becomes Emergency Coordinator.
3) Wooble submits a Refresh Proposal amounting to "End the game."
4) Nobody else submits any Refresh Proposals before the window for submissions
closes.
5) Wooble resigns, rather than selecting the one Refresh Proposal that exists.

Codae

________________________________
From: comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx>
To: discussion list for B Nomic <spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, September 5, 2012 3:48:33 PM
Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] Roster

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm, why not start from an assumption that we have that ruleset, and try
> to fix everything from inside it?

I'm in, albeit I don't think anyone has ever explained the situation
to me in enough detail to make me accept that B is dead (I think
someone, maybe you, tried when the trophy rule is passed, but I didn't
buy it; perhaps my usual skepticism at your pedanticism is unwarranted
here, but I can't find the relevant IRC log, anyway), and I suspect
that for some reason or other it got stuck before it had a chance to
die, though I have no proof.  So I vote for someday finding a reason
why this is the old B after all...