0x44 on Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:50:20 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: New Rule

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Elliott Hird wrote:

> On 29 March 2012 15:42, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)> wrote:
>
> Since Wooble did not name a player to pass the hat to, he loses 3
> points. I pass the hat to Arkady.

I call for determination of the statement, "ehird could not have passed the hat, and the hat is currently held by Wooble".

I submit the following reasoning: At 05:55:44 UTC on March 29th, ehird passed the hat to me. At 07:42:00, I passed the hat to Wooble. Wooble subsequently acted to take whatever actions necessary to cause these actions to be adopted without passing the hat (in contravention of custom). Then, ehird called for determination on whether or not the hat was weighted, and passed the hat. However, ehird did not have the hat to pass, and therefore could not have.

ehird is currently It, but as he is the subject of my reasoning must self-recuse. As I am the caller,  I become It. I must too, self-recuse. Hose becomes It. The Burden of Determination falls onto him. Three days, yadda yadda yadda.

--
0x44