Craig Daniel on Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:06:44 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] ??

Which B? "Like B" has covered a lot of ground, from a very pragmatic
nomic to a fully platonic one (albeit very few of them actually
existing); I think the only thing that unites B throughout its history
is the alleged players' culture. Unlike Agora, B traditionally
involved playing weird logical games with the rules for its own sake
rather than because of an actual way to win with whatever hole you've
prodded your way into, and also often had rules that existed because
they made us chuckle (Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster Gnomes, anyone?)
rather than for any serious reason. Re-creating that out of
lifelessness seems a tall order.