Gabriel Vistica on Thu, 3 Feb 2011 09:55:28 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] start of week actions, or, Cornering the Thorn Market.

According to historical flavor text, new players are given one point because you
used to be able to buy stock in players. Each share was purchased at one-tenth
of the player's current points rounded up, but if new players have zero points,
then their shares cost zero points and you have a great scam. I don't know what
happened if a player was reduced to zero points back then, though.