Craig Daniel on Mon, 5 Jul 2010 15:03:22 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] The Simple Non-discriminatory Mentorship Proposal

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Jeff Gitchel <gitchel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If the backslide is caused by a Mentor trying to take advantage of his position to gain at the expense of the newbie, then I guess
> lessons will be learned and adjustments made. It is possible a naughty mentor might get 5 points he doesn't deserve and give a
> newbie a bad experience. This rule does leave room for altruistic behavior on the part of other players to mitigate the bad taste that
> might leave. The rules allow the transfer of points between players. Not that that would be required, or expected, of anyone of
> course.

Also, honestly, who pulls off a nontrivial scam for five points?
Especially when they could get those same five points without the
scammy bit, by not bothering to cause a corresponding drop in score?

 - teucer