ais523 on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 06:38:21 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] CFI - The nature of shadows.

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 13:34 +0000, M P Darke wrote approximately (I've
corrected the formatting):
> ais523 wrote:

> > > If Yahoo doesn't let you type below existing text, I suggest switching
> > > to gmail or something else that's free but not Yahoo.
> >
> > I don't see the problem. (Admittedly, I use my own mail client to send
> > and receive messages through Yahoo!, via SMTP and POP. It's possible
> > even with the old-fashioned Yahoo! web interface, though, if a little
> > fiddly.)
>
> Please displain.

What you should do, is delete irrelevant parts of the message (like the
signature and the message headers), and add the > quote marks by hand;
it's not difficult when you're used to it. Yahoo!'s web interface might
not implement quoting automatically, but it lets you edit the message
you're quoting, and it generally takes less than a minute to get it into
the right format. (To prove it isn't hard, I've edited your message
above into what it /should/ have looked like.) One person sends the
email, but many people read it, when it comes to a mailing list; thus
it's courteous for the sender to take the time to get the formatting
right, rather than forcing every recipient to work out what you said.

--
ais523