James Baxter on Sat, 5 Dec 2009 04:36:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] I won't let B die!

> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 01:13:16 +0000> From: penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] I won't let B die!
>
> 2009/12/2 James Baxter <jebaxter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I would suggest  the 5th era ruleset as it seemed pretty go and, had the comment rule not broken everything, I believe it would have continued in quite a stable way. I'm making a ruleset based on the 5th era ruleset but with some modifications (http://b.nomic.net/index.php/User:JamesB/Refresh_Proposal) which I'll submit as a refresh proposal.
>
> Hey, the first ever praise of Era 5! Thanks. :P
>
> I think trying to make B stable is a sure-fire way to kill it.
> Personally, I think Era 5's frantic insanity was really fun — it
> wasn't throwing logical hand grenades, it was a logical nuclear war.
>
> And, really, that's what B is about.

yeah, I think you're right, a lot of what I liked about era 5 was the endless rules debates (I remember we were still discussing ais523's interpretation of 5E57 when the problem with the comment rule was discovered). Anyway, I don't think I'll finish my refresh proposal as I like the 1st era ruleset proposal.