Elliott Hird on Sat, 28 Nov 2009 14:35:48 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Thought you guys might get a kick out of this

On Wednesday, November 25, 2009, M P Darke <darkemalcolm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Total agreement here. It would probably be the stupidest law of the century...

Not really; marriage is a rather silly institution and definitely not
one the government should be involved with. (Even allowing same-sex
marriage still leaves discrimination against polyamorist groups, etc.,
and the benefits marriage grants discriminate against people who
aren't lovers but want these benefits; separating or eliminating them
from marriage then leaves no reason not to privatise marriage; it's
just a contract.)

So, uh, anyone remember when we played a nomic on this list?