Roger Hicks on Tue, 26 May 2009 10:45:57 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] [CotC] CFJ 5 assigned to Judge 0x44

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:25, Kerim Aydin <kerim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 May 2009, Alex Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> I support.  -G.
>>>
>> I support, and think we should patch round this with a proposal that
>> works in both rulesets. Also get rid of AI, it's a rather Agoran
>> holdover.
>
> Having missed the discussion, I'm kinda wondering what your intent was
> in adopting Agoran rules.  I mean getting rid of a lot of the history
> (e.g. patent titles) makes sense, but if you start to get rid of AI
> (and if you do how do power and proposals work?) then you're getting
> rid of the fundamentals you adopted... any particular goal or guiding
> philosophy here?

I personally saw the adoption of the Agoran ruleset as a chance for B
to finally have a stable ruleset that wouldn't succumb to emergency
crashing and reset every few weeks. That's why I chose to re-join B. B
had a lot of interesting elements, but repeated emergencies and the
constant rolling back of gamestate made it unfun to play.

In my estimation, the majority of the Agoran ruleset should be kept as
it is stable and nowhere near prone to crashing as B's past rulesets
have been. I wouldn't support the repeal of AI, or most any other of
the primary functions of the Agoran ruleset.

BobTHJ