Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:55:19 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Yet More Proposals

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Charles Walker <
charles.w.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Replace the text of the Rule "Assigning Ministries" with the following:
>
> {
>
> There is an Attribute Democracy Level with a Scope of all Ministries, a
> Range of Undemocratic, Semi-Democratic or Democratic, and a Default Value
> of
> Undemocratic.
>
> A Player may, as a Game Action, assign a Vacant, Undemocratic Ministry to
> himself.
>
> A Player may, as a Game Action, with 2 support and without 2 objections,
> assign a Vacant, Semi-Democratic Ministry to himself.
>
> A Player may, as a Game Action, with a Quorum of support, assign a Vacant,
> Democratic Ministry to himself.
>
> }
>
> Cause the Ministry of Questions to become Semi-Democratic.
>
> }

No. :) I like the idea of democratic ministires if it means players have
some say in who runs what, in principle. But for this proposal to work it
needs to

a) not allow objections for ministry assignments (because this introduces an
automatic 2 rday (or is it nday now in which case it would completely break
the clock)) delay at the start of any nweek, because all ministries become
vacant then and all need to be filled before the Clock is turned on. B is
just coming out of a slump and we can't have that sort of delay when
everyone is raring to get out there and stab people. An alternative would be
to make up some exception to the no-objection provision to allow for the
assignments (generally just hte first in an nweek i guess) to happen
regardless of objection (ie as soon as support is gotten) if they would
otherwise hold up the clock.

b) if democratic ministries require a quorum of support to be assigned to a
player, they should also require that much support to be usurped.

c) i think this is intended and i can see why that could be a good idea, but
just to make sure: you did mean to allow objections on semi-democratic
ministries but not on democratic ones, right?

BP