Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:39:58 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Contests

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Charles Walker <
charles.w.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, who thinks Game Board should be a Contest? I don't think it should
> because some extended gameplay should be compulsory.

I would agree about keeping Game Board compulsory for now. What's the point
if someone can opt out of being stabbed? ;-)

But to be serious, I just think if in the near future we want to introduce
something akin to dead-players-can't-vote, which we did have recently,
that'll work better if everyone is either living or dead, and no one's just
a mineral. If you know what I mean...

I was initially also going to suggest that since Contests bind contestants
by their rules, they could just be integrated into the contract framework,
and made to be contract that specify things like a prize and rules, in
addition to the regular stuff contracts need. BUT I'd say let's not bother,
otherwise someday someone will propose repealing contracts, and then we'll
all vote contests out of existence without noticing...

BP