Charles Walker on Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:11:09 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] It's Thumping Time!

Hmmm... I'll get back to you on that one.

*Pedantry and mastery are opposite attitudes toward rules. To apply a rule
to the letter, rigidly, unquestioningly, in cases where it fits and in cases
where it does not fit, is pedantry... To apply a rule with natural ease,
with judgment, noticing the cases where it fits, and without ever letting
the words of the rule obscure the purpose of the action or the opportunities
of the situation, is mastery.*
—George Pólya