Cassie Bayer on Fri, 20 Feb 2009 00:33:51 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] About A Nomic

2009/2/19 comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx>

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 7:31 PM, comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >><snip stuff re: Turing>
> >
> > Clearly anyone wishing to join A Nomic must submit to an imitation
> > game test to verify their eligibility.
>
> You don't have to actually pass a test to prove that you are capable
> of passing a test.

That is however the easiest way to prove capacity to do something.  To do
it.

In order to state capacities of vehicles in a crash situation, they require
numerous tests to pass, and then clear statistical work to indicate that
their pass rate is consistent enough to provide an arbitrary certainty that
any random example of that vehicle would pass the same capacities.

However, it still remains, that the only vehicles to actually prove a
capacity to meet specific crash standards is to crash it.

Of course, the Turing test is not destructive, unlike a crash test.

I propose the following criteria that participants must successfully
demonstrate an ability to die in order to be considered.  Otherwise, the
participant's state could be indefinite.