Ed Murphy on Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:51:10 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation 197 on I Propose Synonyms

Marr965 wrote:

> Why?
> "Marr965 should really just (please) stop trying to submit things that way."
> Why, I ask you, again, should I "really just stop trying to submit things that way"?
> I am of the opinion that "I propose [x]" is a synonym for "I submit the proposal named [x]", and I intend to stick to that opinion unless someone provides reasonable proof otherwise.

"I propose that Rule 6E78 be repealed."
"I submit the proposal named that Rule 6E78 be repealed."

Reasonable enough for you?

What everyone really *should* be asking is whether "I propose that
Rule 6E78 be repealed." is *a valid proposal*.  In particular, exactly
which part of that text is its Body (Rule 5E33), and why?  (The other
attributes implicitly default to empty/null, so no problems there.)