Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:42:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] physically barred / legally barred

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Billy Pilgrim wrote:
>
> > Anyone know of a nomic that does exist or has existed where the Rules
> don't
> > attempt to dictate what is possible or impossible?
> >
> > In B, right now, it is impossible for me to cause J 20 damage without
> first
> > buying a weapon. It's not that it's illegal, I just physically cannot do
> it.
> > The Rules don't allow it.
> >
> > Might be an interesting exercise to have a nomic which doesn't address
> > possibility, only legality. I guess it would have to use real assets
> (could
> > be in electronic form though, probably) rather than those that are simply
> > tracked by some aspect of the game (e.g. macks) and have no existence
> > outside of it.
> >
> > I'm basically thinking of a nomic where you take actions by actually
> doing
> > things, rather than by just saying that you do them to the PF.
> >
> > Would that be workable? Has it been done?
>
> 1) "I end the game"

That's the thing, to end the game you'd have to actually end the game, not
just say so. Whether that happens by eliminating all the participants or
their means of communication... Urgh...

> 2) PerlNomic and other code-nomics

True, good point. Thanks for pointing it out.

BP