bnomic on Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:59:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Let's not do the time warp again, please

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:39:34 -0800, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> e.g. the clock has been wrong on the PD since era 5 started, till
> ratification made it correct. An nweek has passed that there's no
> history for. (Having not read the channel backlog today I'm not sure
> this is 0x44 & ehird's argument, actually.)

Please note, this is not /my/ argument. I suggested that the skipped nweek
happened at the beginning of the fifth era, and ratified the clock as
correct. That would be incorrect, however, if ratifying the clock as
correct from the start of the 5th era required retro-activity. My Tweak
mentioned no retroactivity, and Rule 5e10 forbids it - which means that we
were likely platonically in the previous Nweek, and the activation of the
tweak caused us to skip forward a week. All Pending Proposals become
historical, since none of them passed, and it's now nday 1 of nweek 154 -
since the clock stops at the start of the nweek.