Jamie Dallaire on Sun, 4 Jan 2009 16:45:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation: Is ehird still a Player?

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Elliott Hird <
penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 4 Jan 2009, at 22:04, 0x44 wrote:
>
>  I submit the following consultation: Is the External Force formerly known
>> as ehird still a Player?

I remove Warrigal from the MoQ, as he hasn't filled his obligations.

Which obligation? Please specify. I haven't followed too closely so am
unsure if he is late on anything, but do note that if the unfulfilled
obligation merely pertains to a Public Display, you can't remove him until
you've actually challenged the Display and he's failed to respond.

I become Ordained. I assign this Consultation the number 9999. I assign this
> consultation to ehird (myself).

Assuming you are a Player (I think not), you still CAN'T do this. The Oracle
does not have the power to assign Consultations to emself (see below). So
you're going to need a co-scammer, either to assign this to or to have them
assign it to you.

>From 5E36: Whenever a Priest is to be selected for a Consultation, the
Oracle shall select one between the eligible Players. All Ordained Players,
except the Supplicant, the Unbeliever if the Consultation names one, the
Oracle and Players that have already been selected as Priests for that
Consultation, are eligible for selection as Priests.

Also, here is the pre-emptive counter to the inevitable
"that-is-only-a-shall" argument that is coming: The shall sets up an
obligation, which gives the Oracle the power to select between eligible
Priests (excluding emself unless no one else is eligible). the Oracle's
power derives ENTIRELY from the "shall" obligation, meaning that this is not
a case of:

Oracle CAN assign a Priest, and SHALL assign an eligible Priest.

but rather a case of:

Oracle CAN and SHALL assign an eligible Priest.

It's impossible for the Oracle to select an ineligible Priest, and ehird is
ineligible if he is the Oracle (which I don't think he is anyway).

Billy Pilgrim