Charles Schaefer on Sun, 4 Jan 2009 16:40:07 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation: Is ehird still a Player?

2009/1/4, Elliott Hird <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 4 Jan 2009, at 23:23, Charles Schaefer wrote:
>
> Assuming ehird is correct and that he is still a player:
>> I claim his answer INCONSISTENT.
>>

> ...What?
>
> "I claim this answer incorrect if it is correct"?

Yes. I'm trying to collapse a possible* gamestate. I recall hearing about
something similar happening in Agora once: a judge drafted a judgement that
said that they had no authority to judge. I'm making a claim that you are
not a player, and as such this is not a consultation and I have no right to
make a claim on it. And like I said, I don't see what can deny anyone the
right to stop playing. Even the rules cannot do this, except as a legal
fiction.

*Possible enough that you are still a PEP, and if there is another emergency
I will support your right to participate in it.

Irrelevant question: When you attempted to forfeit, were you intending to
use this loophole or did you really think you had forfeited?