Jamie Dallaire on Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:38:14 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] (no subject)

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Since enough time has gone by that you all have presumably breathed:

Prove it. I've been on advanced life support and playing this with a
brain-cpu interface for the last couple days (oh, the wonders of free
Canadian health care). That's how bad my stomach flu is.

> Fails, there are no milliseconds during Emergencies.

1. Game time is stopped. Whatever means used in the Game to track time is
stopped as of the beginning of the Emergency. Pending events and deadlines
relative to Game time, with the exception of those specified in this rule,
are postponed until Game time resumes. Pending events and deadlines with
absolute dates and times do not occur.

I think there ARE milliseconds during Emergencies, as they are not "game
time" (ndays ndelays rdays) but regular old time. And the "one millisecond
after breathing" deadline is defined neither relative to game time, nor
given in absolute time. It's relative to non-game time.

Good scam, comex. Very good.

If I'd been breathing this whole time, I'd be in a lot of trouble.

Billy Pilgrim

PS: My tenure on life support is of indefinite length. My doctor has told me
(on MSN) that this is a particularly nasty strain of gastroenteritis, which
progresses in a highly unpredictable manner. I am virtually assured of
making a full recovery... sometime.