comex on Thu, 25 Dec 2008 15:51:09 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Fix Infinite Votes Tweak

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Elliott Hird
<penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 25 Dec 2008, at 22:18, Alex Smith wrote:
>
>> Well, who am I kidding? I become Paranoid.
>
> All other parts of the rules refer to vote, singular.
>
> And nowhere is multiple votes explicitly referenced.
>
> I'd say it's OK as long as nobody retracts/revotes...

A proposal's Strength is equal to the number of Registered Voters
whose Final Vote on that proposal is FOR minus the number of
Registered Voters whose Final Vote on that proposal is AGAINST.

There is no possible way this can be construed as allowing multiple
votes.  It counts Voters, not Votes, for one thing; besides, although
"Final Vote" is no longer defined, its ordinary language meaning is
obviously "most recent vote".  Worst case scenario: which group a
Voter who votes in some weird way is in is undefined, so we have to
have enough people unambiguously voting for a fix to outnumber them.