Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:07:37 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: The Oracle is Wise

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Jamie Dallaire
> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > are eligible for selection as Priests. It is a violation of the Rules for
> > the Oracle to deliberately select a specific Priest for the purposes of
> > fostering or protecting the Oracle's personal interests, monetary or
> > otherwise
>
> You intend to enforce this how?

Exactly the same way we'd enforce any other violation of the rules by the
oracle...

(which is potentially a lot of ways. Recall em then call a consultation on
eir guilt (hint hint vote for that proposal of mine). Beat em out in an
election then call that consultation. Or just call that consultation then
declare the answers of eir co-conspirators to be inconsistent.)

Seriously, it's no harder to enforce that than to enforce any other rule
that applies to the oracle like it applies to everyone else (e.g. if I
spammed the list, or turned on the clock, or didn't fulfill my obligations,
etc.) The MoQ has some power to try and circumvent the rule, but e's not
above the law.

Billy Pilgrim