Alex Smith on Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:56:34 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Question about the Clock

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 00:13 +0000, Elliott Hird wrote:
> On 13 Dec 2008, at 00:11, Sgeo wrote:
>
> > I submit the following Consultation, with the following question:
> > "Can the MoM ever turn the Clock On?"
> > Reasoning: When there are no unfulfilled Ministerial obligations, the
> > MoM is obligated to turn the Clock On. However, when the MoM is so
> > obligated, there exists an unfulfilled Ministerial obligation,
> > preventing the MoM from turning the Clock On. But then, there exists
> > no such obligation, etc.
>
> oops. We need a fix for this.
>
> But the clock is pragmatized.
>
> Here's a REAL paradox:
>
> Consultation: "Is the answer to this consultation NO?"
>
> We need a rules-relevant clause like agora.
Actually, Agora has a clause saying that if the CFJ itself causes the
paradox, it's still a paradox but doesn't win the game.
Also, that would be a simple NO, as worded. The answer wasn't NO at the
time, as the consultation hadn't been answered then; and consultations
don't get answered retroactively...
--
ais523