Elliott Hird on Wed, 3 Dec 2008 07:12:22 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: This isn't the fifth era

On 3 Dec 2008, at 14:08, comex wrote:

> I like the changes brought by ehird's RP, and they're large in scope,
> but not as large as the scope of previous new eras, at least one of
> which involved a complete Rule reset.  As it is, nearly all our Rules
> are identical to the 4E versions.  I don't think this should be
> considered the fifth era-- save that for something more important.
> Instead, I propose calling our current Era the Late Fourth Era,
> numbered 4.1.

The Fourth Era of B Nomic is the time starting with nweek 135 (10 Dec
2007, prompted by a second State of Emergency in 2 nweeks), and
ending immediately before the start of The Fifth Era of B Nomic.

Just two emergencies in a nweek was enough to start era 4.

I think the chance in attitude is important - the rules have a
distinctly different feel now.