Mike McGann on Sat, 1 Nov 2008 16:14:59 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] SHELVE?

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Taral <taralx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "All Open proposals become Historical"
>
> means that shelved proposals go away and don't come back.

If I do recall, that was the intent. Originally, shelved proposals would go
back to being Pending to give the author the chance to revise it for the
next ballot. In practice, the revision never happened and you would end up
having the same exact proposal two weeks in a row (if the MoC remembered to
actually put it on the ballot the second time). Everyone sort of liked the
concept of the shelve vote--a way to say "I like the idea, but it needs
work". This incarnation simply removes it without penalty and the author can
resubmit a new proposal if he or she wants to.

- Hose