Alex Smith on Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:28:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Emergency

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 09:17 -0700, Jay Campbell wrote:
> I sent a message to spoon-business, the public forum for our game, which
> is a very reasonable place to expect our current players to access it.
> Claiming this message to s-b was not a "reasonable effort" to
> communicate with our active players is nonsense. The rules don't say
> "send to all PEPs by certified mail", nor does it say "send to places
> other than the spoon-business, the one single place players are supposed
> to be watching for legal game activity," it says "make a reasonable
> effort to notify other PEPs".
>
> What's your angle, boy?
The argument seems to be that PEPs include inactive players (of which B
has quite a lot). Some have abandoned B Nomic years ago, and are no
longer subscribed to the list; B seems not to have a mechanism for
deregistering long-inactive players, like Agora does. It's possible to
prove that a particular email address is or is not subscribed to s-b
(the list of subscribed addresses is available to anyone subscribed
there), and I suspect that Wooble checked and found at least one
External Force who's technically a player yet not on that list. (Notice
that his scam email listed a lot of email addresses, in addition to s-b;
presumably these are the unsubscribed players.)

Have we been in emergency session long enough that another one will
start recursively before we get the current one finished? That would be
quite a feat. (Yes, it's possible).
--
ais523