ais523 on Thu, 9 Oct 2008 08:04:46 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Failsafe

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 10:39 -0400, Jamie Dallaire wrote:
> I submit the following Proposal, entitled "Failsafe":
> {
> Create a new Rule with Power = 1, which reads:
> {{
> If any Player ever becomes able to single-handedly Repeal or modify this
> Rule in any way, with Game Actions posed by other Players having no
> possibility of preventing this Repeal or modification, every Player's Mental
> Status is automatically set to Paranoid.
> }}
> }

This is possibly a really bad idea. If there's a scam in the ruleset
that nobody knows about, it would force us all to Paranoid; but we might
not know that. It could turn out that we'd all been Paranoid for weeks,
and nobody had noticed, causing what would effectively be another Clock
Crisis.
--
ais523