Jay Campbell on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:25:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] C Nomic

Transaction acknowledged as failed. I admittedly didn't pay attention to
the C Nomic chatter a couple weeks ago. Although, did you gain the
ordained property on C?

 From your next mail:

 > Oh, and just because a PD goes unchallenged, doesn't mean it is
accurate. It can be challenged any time!

The rule says an unchallenged PD is automatically approved, so assuming
C has been using the same public displays, they're valid until someone
challenges an individual discrepancy. Anything on the wiki that hasn't
changed in the last seven days, or is the result of non-B-specific
transactions, is correct current gamestate for C Nomic.

Do you still plan on letting me become a voting member of Black
corporation? Else I need to file a consultation around the semantics of
the word "member" before proposal voting ends. I wouldn't want to miss
out on my dividends again.

Tyler wrote:
 > Ha! You're getting ahead of yourself. For one thing, it's the Ministry of
 > Questions that is the Oracle, not the MoL. And for another, I already
took
 > (theoretically) all of the Ministries in C Nomic. And I'm certainly not
 > going to assign the Consultation to you!
 >
 > On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 >> I, C Nomic Player Wooble, submit the following:
 >>
 >> BEGIN TRANSACTION
 >>
 >> Assertion: The name of this game is C Nomic.
 >>
 >> I gain the Ordained property.
 >> I take the Ministry of Law.
 >> I assign Tyler's cross-nomic Consultation a number of 131 and a Priest
 >> of Wooble, the only Ordained player.
 >>
 >> I Anwer this Consultation as False. Proposal 485 said any *changes* the
 >> the gamestate would happen simultaneously, but C Nomic was not initially
 >> populated with Game Objects except those created by the Rules (e.g. Sock
 >> Corporations).
 >>
 >> END TRANSACTION
 >>
 >> Consultation 131 becomes Answered in C Nomic, and per rule 4E83, in B
 >> Nomic.
 >>

 >> Tyler wrote:
 >>> All right, that's the final straw.  In my capacity as Player of B Nomic
 >> and
 >>> C Nomic, I'll submit the following Consultation to end all this
 >>> multi-nomic silliness:
 >>>
 >>> "Is it true that, since the time proposal 485 Passed, C Nomic has been
 >>> identical to B Nomic?"
 >>>
 >>> Reasoning:
 >>> "Proposal 485 created another nomic called C Nomic, as far anyone can
 >> tell.
 >>> When it did so, it specified that it was identical to B Nomic.
Therefore
 >> the
 >>> Game Objects of B Nomic must be Game Objects in C Nomic also. Rule 2
 >> could
 >>> not have stopped this from becoming true, because while there was
only B
 >>> Nomic, it only had control over what happened in B Nomic, and it
did not
 >>> govern C Nomic until after the moment of its creation.
 >>>
 >>> Please could the Priest assigned this Consultation make an
Oracularity to
 >>> take care of actions, such as transactions, that are valid in only
one of
 >>> the two nomics, as all changes to one nomic are supposedly
happening also
 >> in
 >>> the other."
 >>>
 >>> I assign this Consultation (to?) the number 131 and the Priest Billy
 >>> Pilgrim. Good luck.
 >>>
 >>> Further considerations:
 >>>
 >>> If the Consultation or assignment isn't valid in C Nomic because C
Nomic