Jamie Dallaire on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:16:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: MathFlag

I'm not sure what you're asking. I HAVE been thinking that I should rework
this proposal and make it clearer because it is currently almost just a
stream-of-consciousness and as such probably quite unclear.

Here is what I mean with the "p": The idea is that my team could pick a
secret expression that looks, for example, like this:

32*x/(7*p+4)

specifying that p represents, hmm, I don't know, Ty-Guy6's mackerel. Or any
other attribute value within B that can only be a finite number.

The opposing team, trying to figure out how to predict our numbers, doesn't
know what p represents. The Gamemaster, however, does. So if the opposing
team were to submit an input of x = 4, then the Gamemaster would use x = 4
and look up the current value of p (right now: 425) to compute (when he gets
around to computing) the result of the expression:

32 * 4 / (7 * 425 + 4) = 128 / 2979 = 0.042967438737831487076200067136623

(hmm, I really should specify some guideline for reporting a certain number
of decimals... and maybe restrict expressions to even shorter lengths...
otherwise this looks HARD!)

BP