ehird on Fri, 3 Oct 2008 05:11:26 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposaleering

On 3 Oct 2008, at 12:30, ais523 wrote:
> Basically, it allows any player of B to agree to the rules of B within
> Agora. That would mean that breaking the rules of B would be
> punishable
> within Agora, but only if you'd "opted-in" to it. If at least 2
> players
> of B opt-in in this way, the resulting contract would become an Agoran
> partnership, meaning that B Nomic could legally register as an Agoran
> player; if so, then the people who had opted-in would also be
> responsible for ensuring that B Nomic obeyed the rules of Agora (and
> would be well advised for giving it a mechanism for doing so), but
> could
> start doing interesting things like getting B to vote on Agoran
> proposals (once it had accumulated sufficient voting power for its
> votes
> to count; new human players get a free point of voting power in Agora,
> but partnerships such as foreign nomics need to earn it).

Not all contracts are partnerships. ("parties to B
Nomic SHALL ensure that it follows the rules of Agora to the maximum
possible extent." makes B a partnership, though.)

Also, I did agree to "B Nomic" in Agora before, dunno if that actually
worked, we never really paid much attention to it.

I do like this proposal, but Agora will probably find a way to make
fun of
B out of it. :-)

--
ehird