Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 6 Jun 2008 20:27:39 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] ftw

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Justin Ahmann <quesmarktion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I submit the following Consultation:
> {
> Question: As of one second before the time of submission of this
> Consultation, does there exist a Rule with the text
> {
> The player named Hose may change the gamestate in any way, at any time.
> }?

I'm not the Priest or anything (not yet), but I submit the following two
arguments in favour of the NO answer.

*Line of Reasoning 1:*

Socrates is a man. All men are mortal. Therefore, Socrates is mortal.

Contrast to,

Socrates is mortal. All dogs are mortal. Therefore, Socrates is a dog.

Q.E.D.

*Line of Reasoning 2:*

Rules are Game Documents (4E36).

Therefore, Game Documents are Rules.

Rules, Field Matches (4E58), Victory Conditions (4E16), Ballots and
Proposals (4E15), Quorums (4E72), Tweaks  (4E77), Consultations and
Oracularities (4E18), Tidiness Lists (4E32) and Contracts (4E70) are Game
Documents.

Therefore, Rules (like all other Game Documents) are Contracts.

If, at any time, a contract has less than one party, it ceases to be a Game
Document. (4E70)

Therefore, there are no Rules and we have not really been playing a Game at
all since the inception of 4E70.

I Rest my Case.

Billy Pilgrim