Mike McGann on Tue, 20 May 2008 14:06:28 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] chess moves

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Jamie Dallaire
<bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not sure about this at all but didn't you vacate it?
Nope.

> I don't think so. I know it wouldn't happen that all of his pieces would get
> jammed together and couldn't move anymore. If he had certain combinations of
> pieces, maybe though they just couldn't get to the last kings. e.g. all he
> has is bishops on light squares, they can't get the kings on dark squares.

With one free purchase allowed per turn, it is possible it could jam
up in some weird way especially with the weight being high on
generating pawns. I just find it intriguing to think about what would
happen after a trillion of random moves, that's all.

- Hose