Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 15 May 2008 14:28:58 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Wicked queens.

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Looking at the field spec again, all Kings move first in order of
> priority, then all Pawns, followed by Rooks, Knights, Bishops and
> Queens. How funky is that?

I think actually it goes like this, for any given turn:

- First apply effects of Field Actions (Invokable or Not) that apply for
this turn in the order they are listed in the Field Match (in our case,
Initialize --> Join --> Purchase --> Checkmate).

- Then apply effects of Field Object Actions, not in the order they are
listed in the Field Match, but rather in the order they are listed in the
Priority List. Meaning, here, we're concerned about individual pieces
(priority to the lowest numbered ones) regardless of their type (king,
queen, etc.). But yeah, Kings do always go first since they were created
first and thus got the top of the P List.

BP