Mike McGann on Thu, 1 May 2008 13:14:38 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Play Without Play

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I submit the following Proposal entitled "No More Play", which
> Conflicts with Hose's "Play Without Play" Proposal:
> {{
> Repeal Rule 4E57 and Rule 4E58.
> }}
>  <http://lists.ellipsis.cx/mailman/listinfo/spoon-business>

B-Chess might not be working out, but someone might be able to come up with
something fun and playable using those rules. How about just destroying the
Field Match and Field Match instance? If so, I should probably remove the
amendment to Rule 14 and just amend Rule 57 to say that the Ministry is
allowed to be vacant if there is no current Field Match.

I was thinking of whipping up something like the classic game where you move
around and leave a trail behind you but you cannot move through an existing
trail. If you have no more valid moves, you lose. Or something like the game
Twixt. And if that bombs, we can just destroy that match and instance too.

- Hose