Geoffrey Spear on Tue, 26 Feb 2008 06:32:07 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] I would like to join.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Stefan Carey <sillyman0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Roger Hicks wrote:
>  > On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 7:23 AM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >
>  >> Geoffrey Spear wrote:
>  >>  > Game time stopped, affecting all subsequent timed events, as soon as
>  >>  > the number of Paranoid players reached 4.  The beginning of the State
>  >>  > of Emergency is automatic; the start of the Pause is not.
>  >>  >
>  >>  Game time is stopped, but the ratification of playership is not
>  >>  dependent upon game time but on real-time. More than two real days have
>  >>  passed, and two players have ratified the Outsider's request to join the
>  >>  game as Sillyman. By Rule 4e4, he's a Player. You are correct, however,
>  >>  regarding his being a PEP.
>  >>
>  >>
>  > I would consider any timing in rdays to be game time and not real time.
>  >
>  > BobTHJ
>  > spoon-discuss mailing list
>  > spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
>  >
>  >
>  I would consider rdays to be real days. And if I am a player, I am a
>  PEP, as "For the purposes of this rule, the term "Potential Emergency
>  Participant" (or PEP) shall mean each of the current players of the game
>  as defined by other rules." However, as there is an uncertainty, I may
>  or may not be a player, and thus I am certainly not a PEP. Don't mind me.

I'd have to agree; your playerhood is most certainly not dependent on
when the EC Initialized the Pause, since all changes to timing take
place immediately a 4th PEP becomes Paranoid.  Now whether rday
changes occur at all during an Emergency is ambiguous at best; if
they're "relative to absolute time" they don't occur, if they're
"relative to game time" they're delayed, and if they fit in neither
category they occur on schedule.