Jamie Dallaire on Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:50:19 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Logical Hand Grenade: 5 Seconds Later

On Feb 13, 2008 10:28 AM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This hinges on the meaning of "possible"; clearly Billy Pilgrim is a
> Player and it's possible for him to vote on an Open proposal at any
> time.
>
> I'll charitably interpret the Question to be equivalent to "Are any
> Proposals Open?" based on the Reasoning, and answer NO.  The Vote
> Period for this nweek has not yet begun.  I hold that Rule 4E48
> defines two separate Game Actions in its last two sentences, each
> beginning with "As a Game Action", and that neither of these sentences
> has any bearing on the effectiveness of the other.
>
> Gratuitous Oracularity:
>
> {{
> Set the gamestate to what it would be if what I just said.
> }}

If I could, I would declare this to be INCONSISTENT. Priest Wooble declares
that, because it is currently nday 8, there are no Open Proposals.

Please note that it is only nday 8 if I have already usurped the Ministry of
Ministry and stopped the Clock.

Alas, I attempted to usurp the Ministry of Ministry as a future game action
that is set to happen a few minutes before the end of nday 8.

If it is currently nday 8, then clearly I cannot yet have usurped this
Ministry and stopped the Clock.

I didn't call it Logical Hand Grenade for nothing.

Billy Pilgrim