Roger Hicks on Wed, 6 Feb 2008 19:03:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] B-Chess v1.3

On Feb 6, 2008 4:13 PM, Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm still confused on timings. Let's say we have these actions:
>
> Player A purchases, gets piece Pa.
> Player B purchases, gets piece Pb.
> Player C purchases, gets piece Pc.
>
> The priority list will be Pa, Pb, Pc?

yes

> Then this occurs:
>
> 8:00PM - Ref Turns the Field
> 8:02PM - Player C moves piece Pc
> 8:05PM - Player A moves piece Pa
> 8:08PM - Player B moves piece Pb
> 8:10PM - Ref Turns the Field
>
> Are the moves processed in this order: Pa, Pb, Pc? Can Players A, B, C
> submit additional moves after 8:10PM?

yes and yes

The thing to remember is that no action happens until the field is
turned. Once the field is turned, then any field actions take place
followed by actions of Field Objects in the order they appear on the
priority list. Purchases happen first since these are actions of the
Field. Then movement according to priority list order. What time
actions were declared has no meaning, only where the piece appears on
the priority list. Once the field has been turned new movement can be
declared again.

BobTHJ