ihope on Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:17:12 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] field action

On 05/02/2008, Roger Hicks <pidgepot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008 9:06 AM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Consultation:  Are there an infinite number of kings?
> >
> > (Arguably, the repetition in Initialize doesn't proceed until the
> > Referee actually chooses the next batch of random numbers, in which
> > case the current match could be salvaged by way of the Referee
> > intentionally failing to do so.)
>
> This is Consultation #104. I assign it to Priest Ivan Hope.
>
> Oracle BobTHJ

I take the reparationist approach and answer this Consultation NO,
with the following Oracularity:

{In Rule 4E57, after "Each square on The Field is adjacent to the four
squares directly bordering it.", add the sentence "Two Field Objects
are adjacent if and only if some square occupied by one is adjacent to
some square occupied by the other."

In the Field Match B-Chess, replace "a King is created in the
possession of each player and located on a random square of the Field.
If any two Kings are adjacent, this process is repeated until no Kings
are adjacent." with "all Field Objects are destroyed, then a King is
created in the possession of each player and located on a random
unoccupied square of the Field. If any two Kings are adjacent, this
process is repeated until no Kings are adjacent or three times more,
whichever comes first."

Destroy all Field Objects, then create a King in the possession of
each player and located on a random unoccupied square of the Field. If
any two Kings are adjacent, repeat this process until no Kings are
adjacent or three times more, whichever comes first. [[This is exactly
the same as the Effect of Initialize except without the bit about the
action never having been invoked before.]]}

--Ivan Hope CXXVII