Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:37:17 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] [MoC] Ballot for nweek 138

On 2/1/08, ihope <ihope127@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 31/01/2008, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > 338: Dog Days (Ivan Hope)
> > > http://b.nomic.net/index.php/Proposals/0338
> > > Vote on 338: {{ SHELVE }}
> >
> > [[I think it's overpowered. Plus, say I win the auction this nweek and
> act
> > as lucky dog. If I read this right I am still lucky dog next nweek if no
> one
> > wins that auction. Also, really, nothing says I ever stop being lucky
> dog.
> > Do we ever get a situation where 4-5 players are all lucky dogs and
> everyone
> > ends up with 1.5 vote power?]]
>
> I did say "the Lucky Dog", with the intention of there being only one.
> I also said "if there was no winner, there becomes no Lucky Dog."

Right. THE lucky dog. I just think that's a little too explicit. Conversely,
it may also imply that there IS always one lucky dog. Meaning "there becomes
no lucky dog" could be taken to mean no one becomes the lucky dog, and the
old dog remains lucky.

> > 339: Contracts (Ivan Hope)
> > > http://b.nomic.net/index.php/Proposals/0339
> > > Vote on 339: {{ AGAINST }}
> >
> > [[Sounds way too easy to abuse. My contract declares causing me to win
> the
> > game to be a contract/game action. My contract takes that action.
> w00t.]]
>
> That very issue was brought up, and I amended my Proposal to fix that.
> Apparently, the wiki didn't get updated.

Ah. When I have time later, I will find the new version and possibly review
my vote.

I Stab the current Minister of Change with my Rapier.

Duly noted.

MoS BP