Geoffrey Spear on Sat, 1 Dec 2007 13:01:08 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation

Rule 0 does not claim to suspend all of the rest of the Rules, and I
can't think of any reason to assume it does so implicitly.

Time-based actions are either postponed or canceled, depending on
whether they're based on ntime or real time.  Answering of
Consultations is not time-based, so it can be done during the Pause.

However, if we select a Refresh Proposal that ZOTs all pending
proposals, which seems overwhelmingly likely at this point, it would
be a waste of time to Answer anything.

On Dec 1, 2007 5:53 AM, William P. Berard <william.berard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't know wether this is to be posted to the business list or here,
> so, in doubt, I post it here :
>
> I will answer this consultation as soon as the pause is over and the
> game is resume with his full (and possibly changed by whatever RP will
> have passed) ruleset.
>
> I am not quite sure if anyone is allowed to submit consultations or
> proposals during the pause, but the argument here seems to have been
> that those will automatically be triggered when normal gameplay
> resumes. At any rate, In the particular case of consultations, although
> there's nothing wrong with submitting them during the pause (for them
> to be answered as soon as possible) I do not think an Answer can be
> provided during the pause, as the whole purpose of the thing is to have
> the Priest basing its answer on the rules and the interpretation he
> makes of their consequences, so a normal, non emergency ruleset is
> needed for this.
>
> I think this calls for clarification in rule 0.
>

> Le 1 déc. 07, à 05:46, Jamie Dallaire a écrit :
>

> > This is Consultation Number 54 and I assign it to someone who is not
> > currently in a panic: Priest Will.
> >
> > Billy Pilgrim

> >> played."

> >> I intend, as an unregulated action, to panic.
> >> The AFO intends to join me.

Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/