Kerim Aydin on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:39:32 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Will's Meta Refresh Proposal Proposal

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, William P. Berard wrote:
> I think the downside of refresh proposal is that they come in a All or
> nothing package. Which, in my opinion, is a real shame, because I see
> lots of very good Ideas there, and I think ithey deserve to be
> discussed and voted properly, individually, with points awarded to
> their creators.
>
> So here is my idea, it might be a bit lateral, thinking-wise, but here
> it goes.

Not to disrupt your idea, but there's another possibility.  One
can write a proposal in sections, with instructions as follows.

1.  In addition to voting for this proposal as a whole, please vote
on each subsection.
A.  If votes for Subsection A get enough votes, then A happens...

[etc.]

That way a single package can pass with sections that actually fail.
(Credit to Murphy for this idea).

-Goethe