Geoffrey Spear on Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:44:13 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Submitting another consultation.

"The Oracle may arbitrarily override the normal assignment of
Consultation numbers, and choose a number of his liking for a new
Consultation."

Even without this provision, it's clear that I created these as
Consultations by taking the game action of submitting them to the
public forum.  Whether the Oracle numbered them appropriately is, IMO,
immaterial.  The Oracle doesn't possess the power to make a
Consultation invalid; all he can do is assign them or ZOT them (in
which case they're still Consultations, albeit ones that will never be
Answered).

On Nov 20, 2007 8:33 AM, 0x4461736864617368 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> {{
>     Question: Are the two previous consultations currently known as
> Consultations 37 and 38 valid?
>
>     Reasoning:
>        Rule 2-5 states that Consultations automatically gain a
> Consultation number upon submission. Each number shall be equal to 1 or
> to the greatest existing Consultation number increased by one. The
> highest Consultation number prior to two previous was 68, therefore
> Consultations 37 and 38 are not Consultations.
>
>     Unbeliever: Billy Pilgrim
> }}
>

> --
> --