Mike McGann on Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:43:27 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Bureaucracy of Bureaucracies

Establishing a BoB is a setup for later proposals. In the proposal,
"Devices, hey!", I didn't like that the Minister of Goods receives
currency for generating blueprints. Acting as an Minister should be
for the general good, not for personal gain (even if it is only in
terms of mackerel--see fixed income for services in Proposal 0152). If
the proposal for the BoB passes, I would then like to submit another
proposal in the next nweek to establish a Treasury for the BoB that
holds all funds collected by all of the Ministries in the course of
doing their duties. Of course, Ministries in the BoB could withdraw
funds from this Treasury to fund their operations (even though this is
not defined yet).

I only proposed the term "Commissioner" to replace "MiniMin" as a way
to differentiate positions in the BoB compared to those that are not.
If you really prefer the "MiniMin" term, I'll submit a revised
proposal that leaves that change out.

Also, I liked where the "Devices, hey!" proposal was going with the
MT:G style devices, but as it stands, I cannot support it. The
amendments to Rule 3-12 and 3-14 need some clarification and should be
submitted separate from the spawning of four blueprints defined at the
end of the Proposal. The Tinfoil Hat I like, but the other three are
like the Black Lotus, Timewalk, and Forcefield.

- Hose