Geoffrey Spear on Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:25:44 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] proposal: fix faction loophole

On 8/8/07, Antonio Dolcetta <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Geoffrey Spear wrote:
>
> >> In Rule 5-2, in the first list of conditions add as a third condition:
> >> "The Agreement has decided, through its internal mechanisms for doing
> >> so, to join B Nomic as a Faction."
> >>
> >> In Rule 5-2, in the second list of conditions, add as a third condition:
> >> "The Agreement has decided, through its internal mechanisms for doing
> >> so, to cease being a Faction in B Nomic."
>
> I'd like there to be a requirement to announce these actions on a public
> forum.

Joining is done as a Game Action so it would need to be announced to a
public forum anyway.  I'm not sure it makes sense to require a public
announcement in the second case since the agreement ceases to be a
faction instantaneously when it no longer meets the conditions,
whether we're informed of the change immediately or not.  I can
envision a situation where a faction has a single B Nomic player as a
member, the other members of the faction all want to cease any
relationship with B Nomic, but the person who would make the public
announcement to that effect could effectively override the decision
mechanism of the agreement by not posting the announcement.

I'll think of a way to change the proposal such that an public
announcement is encouraged by not necessary for, uh,
unfactionification.

--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/