Jamie Dallaire on Wed, 8 Aug 2007 08:09:36 +0200 (CEST)

[s-d] Question: mackerel and devices

Hey,

I'm new here and have been looking over the rules, and I'm a bit confused as
to the function of mackerel and devices. Granted, they might have had a
function that got legislated out before I got here, or we could legislate
one in. Or maybe I just haven't figured it out ;-)

Mackerel: I'm guessing since everyone still has exactly m50, it hasn't much
worth at present aside from the fact you can trade in your initial two
metric bunches of it for one point short of an nDozen. Am I right?

Devices: Other than the panic button, does anyone have any other device? Is
there any sort of list where one can see what devices exist and who was
them? How do devices come into being?

Similar question concerning victory conditions, actually. Even though
they're not there as part of the rules page, they're
added/amended/destroyed/abused in much the same way (through proposals) as
all the other rules, correct?

Thanks,

bad_leprechaun