Peter Cooper Jr. on Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:18:38 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Fwd: Oracle report

"Roger Hicks" <pidgepot@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> What powers of players would be to abusive to bestow on societies?

Voting during Emergency Procedures, for instance. B Nomic has a
history of having a "normal" rule-changing system like all nomics, as
well as a way to "tweak" or otherwise fix the rules when The Game
Completely Breaks. While giving other entities the right to a
normal-vote can be fine, I'd rather that we can as much as possible
use the Emergency system in place at the time to deal with Breakages,
and I'd rather that there only be single individual humans involved
with that process.

In general, being able to distinguish between the sets of Players,
Proposal-makers, and Voters seems like a useful distinction to make.

--
Peter C.