Eugene Meidinger on Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:19:35 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Are we playing?

> So any player could make a proposal by announcing it and assigning it
> a number, and then would count votes on it themselves and make the
> appropriate rule changes? This would certainly force players to keep
> administration in mind...

Yes, basically this should cause the ration of work and workers to scale
linearly. So if you want something done, you have to do the work
yourself. The brilliance of this is that each person gets out whatever
they are willing to put in. I'm going to try to list all the ideas I can
think of for the new rules so we can see what works and if we agree on a
final list then we can rulify the text. I really haven't gotten into
this latest era so some of my terms may be outdated.

So in no specific order:

Players may make drafts at any time.
They must add them to a drafts page.
Drafts can be revoked at any time.
If a draft has not been revoked then it can be turned into a proposal.
To convert a draft you need a nomination and a second.
The player to nominate must do the admining.
This includes announcing, counting votes, and implementing the rule.
After a period of time such as 5 ndays person may can voting to a close.
If the person who ends the voting isn't the nominator then the work may
default to em.
After the announcement of closing, people have a 2 nday buffer to still
vote.

Laws will have an attribute of closer, nominator, and drafter.
Responsibility to do any administrating falls in that order
respectively.
We need a way to determine if a person has been negligent and the next
one down the line should do it or if just all three are allowed to take
the responsibility.

There are offices which may be proposed and created.

That's all I can think of for now.