Antonio Dolcetta on Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:22:43 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] oracle report

On 26 Feb 2007, at 21:17, shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Antonio, I hope that you will take this as  constructive
> criticism.  No
> malice is intended.

why should I take it otherwise ?

> 1) all previous consultations have been phrased as questions and
>> everything has sort of worked. (you have submitted some of them
>> yourself)
>

> 2) I am allowed (but not forced) to zot consultations that are
> malformed
>

> "everything has sort of worked", not because of the rules, but
> because we
> chose to ignore them.

The only alternative I see is zotting all consultations until the
rule is fixed. I am merely acting in conformance with game custom.

> You point out that you are not forced to zot
> malformed questions.  So why start now?

because i think it's in my (and your) interest to do it.  I might be
mistaken of course.

> 3) there is a proposed fix in the pipeline which I believe will fix
>> all consultations that are posed as a question, but which will not
>> have any effect on consultations that are not questions.
>

> Until that proposal is in place, we rely on you to act without
> favour.

It's not a question of favour. The first incarnation of the RFJ
system failed because some malformed questions were not refused. I'm
trying to not let that happen anymore. that's all.
Also I assure you that I have no particular interest about either
comex's scam succeeding or you stopping it.