Iain Scott on Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:45:34 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] what I think happened with the points

On 2/14/07, Antonio Dolcetta <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my view on what happened with the points from proposals (points
> from posts etc. have not been considered)
>
> http://b.nomic.net/index.php/User_talk:Antonio
>
> Antonio wins just after proposal 70 becomes historical (with 101 points)
> I get the gleaming rapier, and all points are destroyed.
>
> If someone thinks that proposal resolution somehow happens
> simultaneously and I should have waited until the last proposal to check
> the points, there's an additional table at the end that discounts the
> winning / point destruction
>
> please review

Well, Rule 2-2 says:
- All Open proposals that are Won Pass, in order by Proposal Number.
- All Open proposals become Historical

and Rule 2-6: says:
- If the Proposal Passed, its Author gains 2 points for each Player
whose Final Vote on the proposal was FOR.
- If the Proposal Failed, and at least 3 other proposals with the same
Author have previously Failed in the same nweek, then its Author loses
3 points.

And so the point gains occour when the proposal passes, rather than
when it becomes historical... but other than that, I cant on a quick
scan see a problem with you tally.
 --
cheers,
Iain